Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Year-end musings

Or should it be "early-year"?

I know there must be kazillion people out there having the same thoughts - that moody, reflective, pensive expression on their faces as they review what they've done, what they've yet to do, what they didn't do, what they planned to do, the list goes on.

Was surfing other blog sites, and realised that I hadn't popped into Jeff Ooi's for a while. He honestly deserves all credit he received in The Star lately for representing Malaysian bloggers in Harvard (if I got my facts right). Got pretty good coverage on the latest human tragedy as well, if you'd like to see some good pics and got no time to surf elsewhere.

Had dim sum with family just now, and lots (and I really mean LOTS) of people were going around with donation boxes to donate to tsunami victims. This is when skeptical me wonders whether the money will actually go where it's needed. I mean, there's SO many people going around collecting donations, it's practically like you can donate in every kind of way - thru SMS, call-ins, cheques, cash, you name it. Skepticism crept in and I wondered ...

But, it's not good to be skeptical. Especially since so many are still suffering from loss and damages. Someone once told me you have to give in good faith. Karma.

Ah well. I'm off to enjoy my first day of the year. Not like it's any different from other days. But I've resolved and reflected. Therefore, today's a new day! :)

No comments: