Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 05, 2005

KK - that pretty town

When you leave the hectic bustling city, you find that the little towns within Malaysia are so pretty. KK is one such town. It looks like Ipoh, except that there's lots more natives around, and it has more shopping complexes (though I never had the chance to step into one).

You can see the South China Sea from any part of town. The apartment I stayed in had this brilliant view of the sea, the nearby islands and the State Mosque in the far distance. It was an unobstructed view in the bright daylight, with night lights and even in a thunderstorm.

The entire town makes you feel like you need to slow down. People there are so polite and well-mannered, driving around town made me feel like a road bully ('cos not knowing where I was going caused me to make illegal U-turns and cut right and left everywhere). And the people there love tourists. Whenever we took out our cameras to snap pictures of the food, the sights, the buildings, the people, the fish, the jetty, they'll look on indulgently. No one we met there was bad-tempered or couldn't-care-less. I just found out that I had gotten so used to the each-to-himself syndrome in KL, that I forgot that people could be so nice!

Seafood - the freshest and cheapest anywhere! (But I heard it's even cheaper in Sandakan). Went to Grand Portview Restaurant and Ocean View Restaurant for seafood. The next time I go I think I'll try Kg Nelayan too.

Yes, planning to go again, next time for travel. Didn't do any tourist-y things this trip because work took up 3 full days until an hour before I left for the airport to return to KL, when I rushed to the market to buy some fish to bring back home (you wouldn't believe how fresh and cheap it is!).

I'd like to go back to go island-hopping, and town-hopping, and maybe do sea-walking or jet-boating. If you fly MAS supersaver, it's only RM490 return per person. Of course, AirAsia can be cheaper - about RM360 I think.

Pictures are right here. But if you don't have a snapfish account and are too lazy to register for one (although it's really not all that complicated), I'll post some up soon.

No comments: