Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 08, 2005

Last minute

My gawd, how in the world did I manage 20-hour study periods when I was a student? Goodness, sitting down for 30 minutes concentrating only on memorizing monotonously-worded sentences really really tries my attention span!

(Reading back what I just typed, I thought I nearly lost my attention at "monotonously-" as well :P)

First paper Corporate Real Estate is at 2.00 pm tomorrow. Next paper Development Appraisal and Funding is at 9.30 am the next day.

I've studied lesser this semester because I did not manage to get enough leave. I usually have about 8 days to study before taking the exams. This time I had 4 days. And then, you know how it is la, you don't really get the hang of studying until you've warmed up for a few days, getting the routine and training your brain to absorb academic stuff. I seriously advise all who are contemplating Masters to take up full-time studies - much more focused, you get more out of the course (and your main aim is not merely to pass), you've got coursemates to share your common experiences and more importantly to share assignments, AND best of all, you get to be a REAL student. Being a student's fun. But being a part-time student is no fun :P

The next and final semester, which begins September, will only be Dissertation. Well, at least I thought it'll only be Dissertation. After all, been through it wat, just have to whip up lots of words and paragraphs from hastily-run surveys, borrow lots of books from the library and paraphrase them - what's so hard about that?

But no. From what my Vietnamese coursemate told me through email after she returned from our annual lectures in London, she says Dissertation is tough. Apparently it's going to eat up much more time than the normal coursework and exams. The lecturer scared her so much that she spent her time in London sitting in the library reading up for thesis ideas, instead of roaming the London streets or more importantly, studying for the current upcoming exams.

Well, right now, I have more pressing matters to attend to. Like my 15-minute read of monotonous sentences. *sigh*

No comments: