Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Hail!

It rained hail just now, right after I'd logged off. It's been quite some time since I've heard such thunderous thunder, for lack of a better adjective :P First time seeing hail. Was quite fascinated to watch the little hailstones (are they called that?) jumping around on my lawn as they fell rather rapidly. They were about the size of my big toe, which was good, because if it was the size of my fist, I'd be really worried for my car.

Storms are quite fascinating, if they don't cause lights to blow or modems to go bust. Thankfully, the latter didn't happen, but the lights did go out. Now there's this stinking smell of burnt wood (similar to that of charcoal) around the dining room because the lights there got hit by lightning - don't ask me how.

But, as I was saying, that storm was quite beautiful to watch. First came loud thunder - I'm told this happens when clouds collide. Then came heavy rain coupled with strong winds, which caused the rain to blow first this way, then that way - that was my favourite part, seeing the rain wash the world left, right, inside and outside. Then hail started pattering on the window panes.

As the rain ceased, the winds calmed and the trees stopped swaying. The rain arrived with pomp, did its job, and left - leaving a refreshing cold breeze cooling its way into the humid houses of PJ - my favourite kind of after-rain effect.

No comments: