Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The 1st day of the 2nd month

That should mean something.

It means that it's KL day - a day when an exodus of KL-ites causes massive jams in major parts of Selangor e.g. PJ State.

It means that it's a day that KL-ites get to relax because they don't have a Sultan who takes care of them and gives them Thaipusam or Nuzul Quran as holidays.

It also means that, the first month of the year has passed.

What I've learnt :
  • That downloading torrents is a fantastic way to fully utilize my RM66 of broadband (and my modem now has a dedicated fan to cool it 24-hours a day)
  • That tv is once again in my life (through torrents)
  • That torrents are eating into study time (the amount of time trawling the net for cool downloads and then spending time watching what I've downloaded, gosh can time fly)
  • That it's very easy to spend all your bonus money in a single week (it is so much easier to spend than to earn, isn't it?)
  • That it's liberating to have a great new hairstyle (I digitally-permed my hair, go figure)
  • That winning is a great feeling (I won MLTR concert tickets and I just won gala premiere tickets to Seoul Raiders at GSC Berjaya Times Square)
  • That it takes work to maintain friendships (the amount of times that my friends and I have tried juggling between each other's schedules to just meet up for dinner, it's amazing how packed the schedules of a single person can be - I mean, hey, we don't even yet have husbands to cook for or kids to fetch from school!)
  • That I definitely cannot juggle between studying for exams, working and writing my valuer's log book AT THE SAME TIME, argh! :P
  • And, that I just may be starting a new interest in my life ;)
Now, that last statement ... well, it's a secret - still. Sort of. More like, a plan. Future plan. I may be on to something that I think I'd really really like to do. Definitely not a job. More like an interest. I'll blab more when there's more to tell ;)

And now, I have to get back to my lovely old finance text book. Maybe if I started saying I love finance, I may actually learn to understand what the text book is saying. Just maybe ...

No comments: