Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Joe's Fish Shack

You've never tasted seafood until you've tasted them in Fremantle ...

Not like I'm so well-travelled that I can say so, but no where else in Asia do you get seafood as delicious, natural, fresh and incredibly marvellous as found in Fremantle, Perth.

My parents, my sister and I went to Joe's Fish Shack in Fremantle for dinner as soon as we had checked in to the hotel in Perth. My dad was skeptical and wondered why we had to travel 30 mins by train from Perth city to go have seafood. We promised him it'd be worth it - and thankfully, it was! He said he'd never tasted such fresh oysters for ages - the last time he had it was like more than a decade ago in the next door restaurant, Cicerello's. (Both Joe's and Cicerello's are the popular seafood restaurants in Fremantle).

My sis and I shared the "Joe's Seafood Platter for two" which had a crayfish, 8 tiger prawns, 6 oysters and pieces of smoked salmon. Lip-smacking I tell you! It's so fresh it can't get any fresher. By "fresh" I mean that it practically looks raw - but then, raw prawns aren't red and white, are they? So they're definitely cooked, but served in such a way that you taste seafood in its ultimate element.

My parents had a "Chargrilled Tasmanian Salmon" which was very obviously cooked and it tasted really good as well. Appears that this place can't do any wrong ;)

If you check out the website, it has the full menu (and it's pricing, if you wanna know).

I won't go on raving about it, but this is a place I'm recommending to ALL who are going to Perth. You just HAVE to try Joe's Fish Shack!

No comments: