Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 12, 2005

The evil spirit in my car

A summons (which I haven't paid for yet). Air-cond coil costing me RM750/-. Now, to add to all that, my car got broken in to just now.

It was parked at Paramount LRT station at about 11 am. I took the LRT with my mum to MATTA fair at PWTC. When we got back at 4 pm, from far off we heard my car alarm. When I neared the car, I saw that my "baseball bat" steering lock wasn't there anymore. When I reached the car, I saw my car doors weren't locked. When I opened the door, I saw this note on the driver's seat that read something like "Kereta anda cuba dipecah masuk. Sila lapor ke balai polis SEA Park." It was written at 12.05 pm.

What fun.

I had to switch off the car alarm which had been ringing for about 4 hours (disturbing the residents nearby). Naturally my car battery was dead so I couldn't start the car. My steering wheel casing had also been taken off, I presume so that the thief could start my car and drive it off. Nothing else was taken. My windows weren't even broken. Not a single scratch on my car. And for these, I am thankful.

It's quite a miracle my car was still there. If not because of my car alarm, which stalls the car if the alarm isn't deactivated, I'm sure I'll be car-less now. Luckily my knight in a shining red car saved me by getting a mechanic to come and install a new car battery.

Expensive lessons learnt : Don't park at Paramount LRT station. Buy a better steering lock (maybe Stoploc costing RM200++ is a good idea now). Fix my car door alarm (which will cost me another few hundred).

An entire month's salary, literally, spent in one month, literally, just on this car, literally. My car needs a feng shui master.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for cars melbourne
cash for cars toowoomba