Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 04, 2005

Friday night ramblings

It's nice when you have time for yourself, with no obligations to do something or someone expecting you to be somewhere. Of course, that never happens, because you just always have something that needs to be done, or somewhere you need to go, or just some chore that needs to be completed.

Well, I've got that valuer's log book sitting at my desk, still waiting patiently for me to fill it up. (I think it's getting impatient, actually, or I'm getting impatient with myself because I'm way past my self-imposed deadline to hand that book in!).

My 4th semester for my MSc has also just begun, as of Feb 28. But I haven't yet opened my books. Some sort of vicious cycle thing because I've told myself to get started on my valuer's log book first, before I should start the semester, and starting the semester is something urgent because if I don't start the semester, I won't be able to read my notes finish in time to hand up my first assignments. And since I haven't started the log book, nothing has been started yet. Yay for contemplation! :P

Damn it's tiring to run on deadlines!

There's a few weeks every few months when I can concentrate solely on work, without worrying about going home to study or work on an assignment. This week was one of them. And so, I focused on work - and happily, got quite a lot of things done. There's still a lot on my workdesk (who doesn't have a full workdesk?), but it really is quite refreshing sometimes to just be an employee and have to worry about nothing at the end of the day.

My boss just assigned me the task of arranging the company trip - where, when, how much, who, etc. The weekend's been decided - May 22nd's weekend, which is Wesak Day. But I'm still researching prices for Bangkok, Bali and Sabah resorts. All 3 seem pretty interesting.

But, why am I telling you this? Because the company trip is going to be one tricky issue to handle. I've just finished a marathon session of 4 episodes of The Apprentice Season 2, and goodness, are those Apex girls really catty and pathetic. Anyway, I'm having trouble with the company staff - the girls, actually - because they have this clique-y kinda thing (which company doesn't?) and they're pretty much going to refuse to go for the trip, for one reason or another. And, this branch I work for is really rather small, 13 of us in total. We've got 6 females in the office - 3 of them form one clique, the other's my lady boss, another's this freelancer single mum who rarely comes in and then there's me. There's going to be serious complications in accommodation if the clique and the single mum doesn't go for the trip. It'll be a heckuva lotta fun bunking in with my lady boss, who's married to my other boss :P Of course, it won't work that way lah, but the underlying reason behind why the clique won't go is simply because we don't click. Aha! Don't you just hate catty girls?? Urgh! If I had long fingernails ...

But, the bright side - I've got the guys to play with :)

Nah :P I'm trying to see if Bangkok's feasible, because that way we won't be stuck in a resort with nothing to do and I can busy myself just going on tours and shopping.

It's been ages since I've rambled, hasn't it?

Haven't had much time to actually just sit and gather myself. It may just be me, but these days, it seems rather difficult to find someone whom you can sit with and just let yourself talk, someone you can have a good conversation with. That's important, isn't it, good conversation?

I mean, I went out with some uni friends the other day. Was very good to catch up after not seeing them for quite some time. Was quite happily surprised to find that we could still speed-talk and laugh loudly with no awkward silent moments in between. I mean, these are people I don't see often - they say a lack of communication causes ties to sour - but in this case, no. It was really a nice outing. And it left me craving more, actually.

But different people supply you with different kinds of conversation which gives you a different kind of energy. I don't know if you're getting me here, but let me just ramble. Cleo magazine often has articles about how different friends suit different occasions and different moods. And it's true! You've got friends you joke crazily with, talk seriously to, just purely hang out with, borrow stuff from, all kinds. But, the one kind of friend who really satisfies, is one who lets you spout your thoughts, express yourself freely, and gives you the kind of emotional and spiritual satisfaction - your soulmate! Yes, that's the word I was looking for :)

See, talking is important - at least it keeps your language skills sharp, if not more.

No comments: